Government Buildings

Lauderdale County has had three courthouses in two locations since the first was built in 1822.

SECOND COURT HOUSE

Submitted by Pat Mahan

The second courthouse in Lauderdale County, Alabama was built on the same
site as the first.

FIRST COURT HOUSE

Contributed by Pat Mahan

The first Lauderdale County, Alabama courthouse stood on the southwest
corner of the intersection of Tennessee and Court Streets.

THIRD (CURRENT) COURT HOUSE

Contributed by Pat Mahan

The present courthouse is the third built in Lauderdale County, Alabama. It is located one block south of the site of the first and second buildings. The entire block is occupied by this building and parking lot. The front faces Court
Street, and it is bound on the north by College Street, the south by Alabama, and the west by Pine Street.

MUNICIPAL BUILDING (CITY HALL)
Contributed Dec 2005 by Dave H. Reasons

This is still the City Hall, or Municipal Building, of Florence, Alabama.
It is located on the corner of Pine and  College Streets, across from the
Lauderdale County, Alabama Court House.

.