top of page
Lauderdale County, Alabama
Laud Cem # 537 T3S, R7W, Sec 20/21
Location: From Florence, go E on US 72 to Rogersville; Rt on CR 91 about 2.6 m; Lt on CR 605 about 1.8 m; Lt on a field lane about 0.3 m. The Cemetery is on the Rt in an overgrown area. The 12 to 15 graves are unmarked. This information was copied from page 390 of the "Cemeteries of East Lauderdale County, Alabama."
From Lauderdale County Deed Books: On January 8, 1847, R.H. Watkins and wife Prudence sold to R.H. Watkins, Jr., all the lands from the Tennessee River on the South, to land owned by (Wm or Mrs) Haraway and Samuel Cooper on the North. From Elk River om the East to Lambs Ferry on the West, reserving 20 acres at Lambs Ferry for themselves.
bottom of page